History of the Library in Antrim
- 1866 The Antrim Library Association was formed (the collection was kept in the front dining room in the Maplehurst Inn)
- 1892 The town voted for the establishment of a free library
- 1894 The books were moved into the town hall which was recently built
- 1905 James A. Tuttle, a lifelong resident of Antrim, left his estate to the town of Antrim for a library
- Edwin R. Clark of Lowell, MA was selected as the architect of the library
- July 12, 1908 the library was open to the public.
- Today our circulating collection includes approximately 35,000 books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, and video games. Additionally, our patrons have access to over 25,000 eBooks, and thousands of articles and reference materials through our databases.
- The library purchases materials that appeal to all ages, interests, and endeavors to present all points of view on current and historical issues, as prescribed by the American Library Association Bill of Rights
Antrim Historical Society. (1977). Parades and promenades. NH: Courier Printing Company.